Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Autism & Attitude

"I like the way I think." ~Dr. Temple Grandin

There are times, after I read the latest autism research, I'm left feeling completely overwhelmed by other people's opinions of what they think is what is wrong with me. If I focus on these things too long, my ability to see myself as God sees me is almost completely lost. As a result, my attitude about everything goes completely down the tubes. The only way to recover is to renew my mind and to focus on all that is true, noble, and lovely.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." ~Romans 12:2

The following is a video of a talk given by Temple Grandin. Listen to her speak about the world's need for all kinds of minds. She is a positive voice in a tornado of negativity. Thank you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment