Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Never Give Up



Sometimes it seems so unfair to me that life is so big, but what we get to see of it is so small. So limited. Every morning when I wake up, my heart longs for greater vision. I don't know why. Maybe I just want security. Or maybe I just want more of God. Either way, when I fail to see Him or the work of His hands, I am tempted beyond anything else, to just give up.

But even when doubt rises up in me and drowns out the voice of the Holy Spirit, somewhere in my heart a quiet whisper reminds me that quitting is not an option. I just need to surrender. Giving up is not the same as surrender. When we surrender we are actually yielding to a wisdom infinitely greater than our own. We are also falling into the loving arms of a Savior, and in His embrace we find rest and comfort. There we are given strength to rise up again to go back out and resume fighting the good fight. We must never grow weary in doing well. 

Praying for healing, praying for provision, praying for miracles, praying for anything on a consistent, regular basis, I'm finding, is hard work. Oh, it's rewarding when God answers. But in between, when He is silent--or it seems He is silent--my patience is tested. And so is my faith. Even so, I'm seeing more and more how the Lord prevails--and He does so when I least expect it. Kind of makes this whole thing sort of like an adventure. That's a good thing.

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. ~Luke 18:1

No comments:

Post a Comment