Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Quiet Season



When I used to imagine myself as a healed person, I saw myself bustling with activity day and night, night and day! Anyone struggling with autism, or watching those who do, knows that there is great difficulty in wanting to leave what I guess I have to call the "cocoon of self." But once there is revelation that life exists beyond our own, we want to go out and live it! 

Though weeks and months now go by where I actually do not think of autism or refer to myself as having it, that extremely busy "normal" life I imagined has not quite materialized. Yet, I am learning this is wonderful and as a result I've discovered an extra facet to healing I never knew existed. 

I am in a season of being alone, yet not with myself as I used to be. I am alone with God. Had I known His presence could heal so powerfully and effectively, I would have sought Him out years before, gladly shutting myself off from the world to open my heart to heaven in order to receive all that the Lord would desire to share with me. Jesus is amazing. Far better than I could ever ask or think!

Bless you today. May you find peace and joy even in the desert.

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. "

Hosea 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment