Thursday, August 7, 2014

Jesus Loves You



I suddenly feel like for so long I have inadvertently been on a quest for perfection rather than to grow closer to the Lord Jesus. Somehow on my journey rather than pursuing healing, I began to search after social acceptance thinking these things are one and the same. They are not. 

Actually, I have been striving for healing because I wanted to be a person who can help others somehow. I've also prayed for decades to have an understanding of what I am supposed to give to this world--because I believe we are here to primarily give and not take. At the very least, I think we are supposed to leave something worthwhile behind, whether it is hope, or our joy, or...something of real value...with real substance, to generations coming up after us.

A true Christian...one who denies him or herself and who picks up her cross and carries it daily, will never find acceptance in this world. That is not the goal. It is not even the prize. But healing...healing is what gives us the ability to pick up that cross. It gives us the strength to carry it, and that daily carrying is what leads to transformation so we become more and more like Christ everyday. 

Last night as I was thinking over that same question, "What can I give? What can I say that might make a difference to people?" the answer came rather clearly and suddenly. It was simply this:

"Tell them I love them." 

So, here we are. And so here you go, precious people known and about to be known by God. You are loved. The Lord Jesus Christ loves you. Autism does not stop God from loving you. Autism does not stop God from loving your autistic kids. If you in are the Father, He is in you. If you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you, and He can never, ever leave you, nor can He forsake you. If you are in Jesus Christ, you can never be, nor will you ever be alone in this world again. 

If you do not know Him, but want to know Him, just say, "Come Lord Jesus. I believe you are the Son of God. I invite you to come and live in my heart. Please forgive me for my past sins and mistakes. Help me to forgive others who need to be forgiven. In Jesus' Name. Amen." 

Nothing can ever separate you from the love of God. Nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment