Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Spiritual & Emotional Maturity


We all know there's an ongoing debate as to whether or not autistic people possess empathy. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I have it. 

But to possess empathy and to be emotionally mature are two separate issues. And although the autistic people I've observed are emotionally immature, many Christians I've met, not on the spectrum, are dealing with the same (for lack of a better word) problem. 

Most individuals I know really do love Jesus and do strive to be spiritually mature. Yet they judge people. They anger easily. They reject out of that anger. They gossip. Why? Because they have not yet dealt with their emotions. 

It is not possible to be spiritually mature without being emotionally mature. Take care, on your healing journey, to bring all aspects of yourself to the throne of God. Pray for balance in your emotional expression.


No comments:

Post a Comment