Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hey Y'all (A Note for the Suffering)

I don't know if my hormones are running amok or if God is whispering to my spirit. Either way, I have this overwhelming sense that there are sooo many of you out there feeling like you cannot go on for one more second--for whatever reason--autism related or not. 

I have been in that place of despair and despondency more times than I care to count, and to be honest, I probably will be there again at some point in the future. But I'm not going to think about that right now. I'm just thinking about you, and I want to share something.

It sounds so cliche to say that God has a purpose for each and every one of you...except, no matter how much it is said, these words are still true. Suffering, to us, seems to negate that purpose. I know. Yet, if we can bear to be real about this, although sometimes we cannot bear it, and that's okay, suffering has this way of refining us that cannot and does not happen under any other circumstances. 

I'm not asking you to sit and piously try to think of everything you are grateful for right now. When people have suggested this to me when I was about at my breaking point, I went a bit nuts on them. I'm just asking for you to hold on a little longer. It doesn't have to be pretty. Shaking your fists at God for now will not get you struck down by lightning. But it will let off some steam that's been building up against Him for awhile. And when that's cleared, you can go back to the Lord and really share the hidden places in your heart. This is healing, and it draws you nearer to Him. 

You can trust Him with your pain. He can handle it, and He did handle it when it was all absorbed on the Cross.

In Jesus' Love...Kelly


2 comments:

  1. I think knowing that it doesn't have to be pretty, let's me off the hook and the pressure of making it. It makes it even harder to hang in there and puts that pressure even more greater than it needs to be, to me at least. That little tid bit was worth all the read, thank you Kelly..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know it's hard for me to feel free to express my anger to God but when I finally do my hesitation seems foolish. He knew about it in the first place! Why not just trust Him, right??? We are so funny, thinking we can fool God...blessings to you and your family. Many blessings indeed!

      Delete