Friday, December 25, 2015

The Gift of Friendship


I am writing about friendship today because I know this issue is on the heart of every mother who has a child with autism. You worry and wonder if your son or daughter is ever going to experience the joy of relationship.

To be honest, beginning last year I began to worry and wonder about this very same thing myself. While I interact with people everyday and communicate with them on deep and even intimate levels, it wasn't enough to generate friendship with anyone. After awhile that realization became disheartening.

But I'm learning how to write down my prayers, so I asked God for a friend (on precisely 11/24/15) and told Him the exact qualities I wanted in that friend.

Well, I'm here to say that before I knew it, that prayer was answered--in its entirety. Again to be honest, my mind is still completely blown. But my heart is overjoyed. This has been a long time coming.

Parents, you are right to want this for your children. Do not stop praying for healing so friendship can happen. They need other people. And other people really need them.

Life is hard, but doing it with others turns the dreariness of life into a world of color and joy.

Blessings to you and may the majesty of Christmas rule and reign in your heart today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment